Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fun With Nausea

It is a curious feeling to maintain a love for this world while every instance in which its reality becomes apparent induces nausea.

I have a hangover.

That said, I find it's easier to write in the grips of a hangover. And this I say while typing on a laptop precariously perched on the floor, at the edge of an air mattress where moments before I arose confused in a friend's kitchen. And now I type while having to take frequent, intermittent breaks to writhe into a position comfortable enough to predict whether a trip to the bathroom will in the next few moments be required.

A hangover supplies the rare condition in which minds are allowed to race freely--albeit anxiously from both withdrawals and lack of sleep, without the inhibiting influence of the frontal lobe. The point being that despite its obvious unpleasantness, it has its uses.

No comments: